The Junior League of lawton is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Lawton aligns its impact areas with the Association of Junior League International (AJLI). The five impact areas are being addresses locally and globally.
- Ending Gender-Based Violence
- Improving Health Outcomes and Disparities
- Eradicating Poverty and Food Insecurity
- Closing the Gender Gap
- Advancing Childhood Education
In the 2020-2021 fiscal year, Junior League members have invested more than 300 volunteer hours into the local community. Recently, we have focused on projects related to developing women and children. We currently divide our volunteer efforts among the Partner Projects, Done-in-a-Day Projects, and our League Events.
- Partner Projects are longterm partnerships with local nonprofits that we’ve developed projects together to achieve their goals.
- Done-in-a-Day Projects are one-day projects that local nonprofits have developed and need our assistance to fulfill their volunteer needs to achieve their goals.
- League Events vary from fundraising efforts to sustainer connections to League socials.
Junior League is welcoming nonprofit agencies who would like to partner on future projects to review our project criteria, and email email@example.com with opportunities for volunteers.